2018 Indiana Public Health Conference
The public health conference provides a forum in which people from diverse perspectives can work together to achieve a shared goal of addressing Indiana’s most pressing public health issues. The theme for the 2018 conference is harm reduction, a set of practical strategies and ideas aimed at reducing negative consequences associated with drug use. Harm reduction services and policies are effective, humane, equitable, and life-saving strategies that are vital to any comprehensive response to the opioid epidemic.
The conference will focus on:
- The life-saving and cost-saving impact of harm reduction services
- Evidence-based and effective harm reduction services and policies, including syringe exchange services, housing first, and law enforcement diversion programs
- How to plan and implement harm reduction services
- National, state, and local examples of harm reduction services and policies
- Engaging in cross-sector collaboration
- Addressing attitudes about and relationships to drugs and drug users
- Recognizing and reducing health, social, and systemic inequality
The conference welcomes self-advocates; students; people with opioid use disorder; people living in recovery; and professionals in public health, health care, behavioral health, peer recovery, state and local government, public safety and law enforcement, academia, housing/homelessness, policy and law, social services, and other fields to join us.
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS: Continuing education contact hours are available for individuals designated as a Master’s level Certified Health Education Specialist (MCHES) or Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES). An application has been submitted to award Certified Health Specialists (CHES) and Master Certified Health Education Specialists (MCHES) up to 6 total Category I Continuing Education Contact Hours (CECH). SOPHE, including its chapters, is a designated multiple event provider of CECHs by the National Commission for Health Education. This is subject to change.
Click Here To Register